The content of this page is an official policy approved by the Light of Life Rescue Mission Board of Directors. Light of Life Rescue Mission values the trust its donors place in the organization. Except as otherwise stated, donor personal information or any other data related to our donors will not be traded, shared, or sold to anyone else, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. Except as provided below, the information you or your employer provide to us is collected and maintained for internal use only and is retained only as long as necessary to comply with federal and state record retention regulations and legitimate business needs.
Light of Life Rescue Mission educates its employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organization information. Annually, employees are required to sign a confidentiality statement as a condition of employment.
How We Collect Information
Light of Life Rescue Mission may collect information from donors through the following methods:
- Event Registration – If a donor chooses to donate their time or signs up online to volunteer, information about the donor will be collected.
- Contributions – We request specific, personal information from donors when they desire to make a charitable donation or pledge online.
- Website – We collect information from donors when they use the Light of Life website.
Types of Information We Collect
Light of Life Rescue Mission collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- Contact Information – Information such as a physical address, an e-mail address, and phone number.
- Donation Information – Information such as pledge amount, recipient choice information and payment information.
- Demographics – If you choose to donate your time and sign-up online to volunteer, information about demographics, your volunteering areas of interest and contact information will be collected.
- Electronic Information – We may store various data that are collected as part of standard web operations (including ip addresses and cookies).
- Financial Information – We may collect financial information to process a donation. It is our internal policy to limit access to financial information to professional staff and volunteers who need to process that information. Personal financial information is not sold to or traded with other parties. If you pay by credit card, we do not store your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other financial account data sent directly to those processing services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Light of Life may use donor information for the following purposes:
- Public Recognition – Leadership donors are given the option to have their names listed in various Light of Life publications. Donors who request to remain anonymous are not listed.
- Mailing List – When you donate to Light of Life, you automatically get added to our direct mail list. Subsequently, you receive newsletters, and solicitations through the mail.
- Outside Service Suppliers – In some instances, outside service suppliers (such as data processing) may be used to assist the organization in providing a high level of customer service in a cost–effective manner. These companies agree not to keep donor information on file after the contract has been completed.
- Receipts – We may use donor information to distribute receipts and thank donors for their contributions.
- As Required by Law – We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights.
We may change this policy from time to time. All changes will be reflected on this page. Changes may also be announced directly to donors through the contact information provided to us. You should periodically check this page for any changes to the current policy.
For more information or questions, contact Leo Salgado, Director of Administration at 412-258-6130.