Light of Life Rescue Mission values the trust its donor’s place in the organization. Except as stated, donor personal information or any other data related to our donors will not be traded, shared, or sold to anyone else, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. Except as provided below, the information you or your employer provide to us is collected and maintained for internal use only and is retained only to comply with federal and state record retention regulations and legitimate business needs.
Light of Life Rescue Mission educates its employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organization information. Annually, employees are required to sign a confidentiality statement as a condition of employment.
How We Collect Information
Light of Life Rescue Mission may collect information from donors through the following methods:
- Event Registration – If a donor chooses to donate their time or signs up online to volunteer, information about the donor will be collected.
- Contributions – We request specific, personal information from donors when they desire to make a charitable donation or pledge online.
- Website – We collect information from donors when they use the Light of Life website.
Types of Information We Collect
Light of Life Rescue Mission collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- Contact Information – Information such as a physical address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Donation Information – Information such as pledge amount, recipient choice information, and payment information.
- Demographics – If you choose to donate your time and sign-up online to volunteer, information about demographics, your volunteering areas of interest, and contact information will be collected.
- Electronic Information – We may store various data that are collected as part of standard web operations including IP addresses, browsing history, and cookies. Providing such information is voluntary, and we do not collect personally identifying information when you visit lightoflife.org unless you choose to.
- Financial Information – We may collect financial information to process a donation. It is our internal policy to limit access to financial information to professional staff and volunteers who need to process that information. Personal financial information is not sold to or traded with other parties. If you pay by credit card, we do not store your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other financial account data sent directly to those processing services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Light of Life may use your personal and website use information for the following purposes:
- Public Recognition – Leadership donors are given the option to have their names listed in various Light of Life publications. Donors who request to remain anonymous are not listed.
- Mailing List – When you donate to Light of Life, you are automatically added to our direct mail list. Subsequently, you receive newsletters, and solicitations through the mail.
- Outside Service Suppliers – In some instances, outside service suppliers (such as data processing) may be used to assist the organization in providing a high level of customer service in a cost-effective manner. These companies agree not to keep donor information on file after the contract has been completed.
- Receipts – We may use donor information to distribute receipts and contribution thank yous.
- As Required by Law – We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights.
- Improvement of communications – We may use your information to track site usage and help make lightoflife.org more useful. We and third-party companies may use your information to provide advertisements and help expand our database. Please note that when you select a link that takes you to a site not operated by Light of Life Rescue Mission you may be subject to the privacy policies of third-party sites.
How We Share the Information We Collect
- Third-party Donor Management – We work with a trusted third-party company and use their software to track, manage and update your personally identifying information, communication and donation history, mailing and communication preferences, and credit card and bank information for processing donations.
- Third-party Payment Processing – We use a third-party payment processor to process financial donations to the Mission. When you make donations to the Mission, we may transfer certain information, including personally identifiable information, to these payment processors for the purpose of facilitating the financial transaction, such as your name, address, and credit card and/or bank information.
- Marketing – We may share your personal information with trusted third-party marketing companies to create and distribute mailings such as receipts, newsletters, and special updates from the Mission, as well as to grow our database. You can change your mailing preferences at any time. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information at any time.
- Donor Co-ops – In order to expand our donor base and connect more people to the mission of Light of Life, we may participate in various co-ops that share information about giving history of donors who give to various non-profits.
- **All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
We may change this policy from time to time. All changes will be reflected on this page. Changes may also be announced directly to donors through the contact information provided to us. You should periodically check this page for any changes to the current policy.
For more information or questions, contact Doug Smith, Director of Development at 412-803-4161.
Light of Life SMS POLICY
By subscribing, you have provided us with consent to send you text messages regarding Light of Life events. Message frequency varies by events/preference. Message and data rates may apply. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undeliverable messages. If your phone does not support MMS, you’ll receive SMS instead.
SMS Short Code: 53526
OPT-OUT OR STOP
If you wish to stop receiving text messages from Light of Life, reply to any text message from 53526 and in the reply, text STOP. You may also stop text messages by calling us at (412) 258-6100 or emailing us at email@example.com.
HELP OR SUPPORT
If at any time you need our contact information on how to stop text messages, reply to any of our text messages from 53526 and in the reply, text HELP. Upon receiving your text message, we will send you a text message with this information. In general, the messages we send provide you with information about our upcoming events, new content, and other announcements. Some of the text messages we send may include links to websites. To access these websites, you will need a web browser and internet access.
This program is supported by Alltel, AT&T, Boost, Sprint, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile, MetroPCS, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular. T-Mobile is not liable for delayed or undeliverable messages. Products and services are compatible with AT&T handsets.
We respect your privacy and will not distribute your mobile phone number to any third parties